Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Aug 2006 14:50:32 -0700
From:         nick greenaway <ngreenaway@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: i can hear my fuel pump, now gas heater

thanx everyone for the great info. i looked at my fuel filter. the inlet side was filled, to put it scientificly, with crud,liquid type. i think it may be to three factors- long time non-use of the bus with it stored with a mostly empty tank; the fact that the gas tank leaks like a sieve when filled up (if gas can get out, water can get in, i imagine), and the torrential downpours el paso has gotten lately. driving through deep standing water (fording, more like it) has had to have gotten water into the tank, and now it lives in my fuel filter :(

hope the fuel filter replacement will be enough, but to be safe, ill be carrying an extra pump with me on my road trip. any other spares i should carry? thanx nick