Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2006 16:38:23 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      '82 Westy For Sale in Denver (DU Area)

Hi Folks,

I was driving through the neighborhood Saturday morning and as it turns out there's a Westy for sale right around the corner from me.

It's an '82 aircooled, light blue paint. I left the phone number at home, but can get it if anybody's interested.

The owner, Roger, is the second owner. It sat up in the mountains at a cabin site for several years. It's got around 100k on the odometer (if memory serves) and the motor was rebuilt about 2k miles ago. He's had all of the fuel lines replaced and all maintenance has been done to bring it up to speed. He said they'd driven it to both coasts and never had a problem.

The paint is a bit oxidized but in good shape; he was working on buffing it out when I stopped by. It's got one little 2-inch ding on the driver's side B-Pillar.

The interior is near perfect. All original, all camping equipment works, carpet is perfect, seats all look good, no cracks in the dash or anywhere else, and the cluster has a very nicely-mounted head temp gauge.

The engine looks like you could eat off of it. Really clean.

It also has a factory gas heater.

It needs a set of tires, which the owner said he was considering going ahead and buying.

He's selling because his kids have grown and they don't do much camping (they have a cabin now) and he'd like to see somebody else enjoy it.

He's asking $6500, but says that it's negotiable.

He was a really nice guy, we had a good conversation about our Vanagons, and it was a pleasure to meet him. I told him I'd post this info to the list.

So, P-mail me if you're interested, and I'll run by there after work and grab the phone number.

Thanks, Joe T.

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/