Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:43:01 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stainless steel screws for Vanagon exterior --- now avaliable

Well, I called USPS for the fifth time just now. It turns out that all USPS items that cross the border are subject to "dutiable taffifs". It does not matter which service is used. First class,letter post,global express gaurenteed,and Global priority mail all are subject to this tarrif. No matter what value, or content .I also need a form 2976a commercial invoice ,and 2976e pouch to put it in, no matter what I send.

I can ,however ,get a delivery confermation with "letter post" rates. 1 pound to Canada is $3.95. Add regestered mail to this and it costs $11.85. UPS ,for the same service, is $10.06. Dutiable taxes will be the same for either carriers.

Now, this is only the fifth time I have called USPS,so this infor is subject to change.

Still, I wont use shipping without delivery confermation.

All folks that sent to Canada will be subject to the same costs and details. When jc whitney sends to Canada, the tarrifs will apply,too. Itis all relative. We ,at this end dont feel the pain.

I like the $1.70 for first class,but dont need the potential headachs ,at any cost. I am so sorry about this,but it is how Ido business.

Now, folks in Canada that ship to the US may have a entirely different set of regulations and fees. Some items and services to Canada are restricted because they threaten the economy.Tarrifs are put on to discourage these shippments. Do you suppose that the Canadian government will acutally pay Canadian shippers money when they send stuff to the US . This will help the Canadian econemy.

http://stores.ebay.com/rdsrds123