Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:52:01 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stainless steel screws for Vanagon exterior --- now avaliable

I added some pictures to the screw sets I have on ebay.Check em out. The screw sets are for sale at $17.99,on Ebay. From this ,deduct $1.70 for the Vanagon list discount (same as for all my items on ebay). That amount is then $15.29,plus 3.50 shipping(up from $2.50 because of delivery confermation and a bubble pouch.$18.79 total.

I origionally wanted to offer the sets for $12.50. From that set, I deducted two front turn signal screws(the longest screws),and added 4 sets of licence plate bolts.Each licence plate bolt set include: a stainless steel 1/4-20 phillips truss head bolt that is 1/2 inch long.A washer to fit,and a lock nut with nylon insert.You get 4 of these sets with each kit.They look super,and keep with the phillips pattern, all the other kit screws have.Very appropriate.The truss head is oversized and does not need a washer.It is 1/2 inch long and wont rub against the bumper.Just long enough to fasten your tag safely, and not extend towards the bumper.The perfect licence plate bolt,if you ask me.

It is probably best to just email me if you want a kit. That is easier than relisting kits on ebay. Ebay is the best way for you you folks to view the kits.

If there is good response to these kits,I will eventually offer additional kits for all Vanagons.Even Carat.My pet kit is the weekender/westy.Lots of work is going into this kit.Almost 200 pieces.I will have correctly sized, metric fastners for the utility boxes and top.

I understand that there are many models and variations of Vanagons.I wont dictate that you buy (too many) bolts that you wont need.For example, end caps have long self taping sheet metal screws/washers (2 inch),and carriage bolts/nuts. 4 pieces per cap.That is 16 pieces of expensive ,large stainless steel items. The OEM items rust inhalf and the end cap will sag.Eventually the end cap gets busted. On the other hand ,a Carat doesnt have end caps.Why buy them? I will offer to delete these for Carat owners at a set amount.

On the other hand, a Carat doesnt have screws attching a licence plate to a aluminum bracket in the front( I think).These are only two very small screws.I wont bothering customizing a kit this finely. Carat owners will get the screws for this ,even if they dont need them. No great matter.

There are many other small variations and large variations.No one can offer specalized kits for each variation.I will do my best at fairness.

Go look at my kits on ebay , but order by emailing me.I willeventually put a kit on myuebay store that wont be purchaced.It will have all the details and about 15 pietures, all in one sale. I have spread pictures out in the current sales I have on ebay screws, because of the costs(lots).

http://stores.ebay.com/rdsrds123