Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:54:04 -0700
From:         nick greenaway <ngreenaway@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      duty cycle fun (was Re: What is the transformer under my rear
              seat for?)

fwiw, while stationed in germany, i had some of these transformers to drop 230v to 120v, although the 50hz remained the same. there was no real difference with the 50-60 hz. although running some 60hz appliances on 50hz worked fine, certain items wouldnt run as well (things that heat wouldnt heat as well, and things that used that duty cycle for timing, such as alarm clocks wouldnt keep time as well). on the radar sets i work on(they run on 208v ac, 3 phase, 400hz), theres an output for 120v ac and the 400hz cycle doesnt seem to have that much of an effect. how this affects you, i guess is up to your own conclusions,these are just my experiences

nick