Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Aug 2006 22:23:41 -0700
From:         nick greenaway <ngreenaway@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      wow,
              the heater element heats up fast!Re: refrigerator
              non-refrigerating blues
Comments: cc: VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com

so i pulled my heater element from the fridge, and although i got a big fat zero ohms resistance on the 12 volt side(i couldve tested it wrong), i hooked the element up directly to my battery, and within maybe a minute, it was REALLY hot.really really hot. havent hooked up the 120v side yet. i hope someone out there has experience fixin these, cuz i cant leave this project alone, cant sleep, till i have closure on this one. im hoping its just the previously mentioned blown fan motor is all thats wrong.

also, before i start playing with the gas side, i saw someone used(was it a current email? something in the archives? i cant remember, ive really been rackin my brains on this fridge deal) WD-40 to fix the seals on their air pump. as i dont have any water to displace, i have long since eliminated Water Displacement formula 40 from my tool kit- is there something more appropriate to use?

there seems to be all kinds of info available on gas troubleshooting,but not much on electrical;do most people run it on gas? or do most people have no trouble doing the electrical troubleshooting? i fix radars by day, but this fridge is giving me fits by night!

nick