Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:50:07 -0400
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Suggestions for missing steering rack cap/seal
Comments: To: Conrad Klahn <conradk@MAC.COM>

I recently got my rebuilt power steering rack through BusDepot and it, too, was missing the protective cap. I just installed the rack without it.

Mikel Houlton, Maine

Conrad Klahn wrote: > Hi All, > > I bought a rebuilt rack from Bus Depot and it didn't come with a > cover (on the end that goes to the steering wheel shaft) that > protects the rack from getting dirt into it. I must have been missing > this part to begin with because I didn't think about it - but with a > clean rack it is obvious it needs the cap. (The mechanic just put the > rack in there without saying anything about it being missing.) > > The only place I'm seeing this cap is in the seal kit - which I > obviously don't need for $90. > > Any thoughts or suggestions to keep dirt out of this area? I'll > probably put a huge wad of grease in there for the time being but > wondered if anyone ran up against this before. > > TIA, > Conrad >