Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:43:47 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Carb conversions?
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>

I have seen Malcolm's setup runs sweet I completely agree with Dennis about most aftermarket carbs being limited to fair weather use and this seems to be the exception

>Only time my van has backfired is when I was running Jordanian or Syrian or Turkish fuel

thats generous to call it fuel considering its still burning when the intake valve opens the next time around. Sounds like it was part camel dung, coleman lantern fuel and diesel too funny good thing you ran a carb with that mix

Bob Donalds

----- Original Message ----- From: "Malcolm Stebbins" <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:01 PM Subject: Re: Carb conversions?