Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:24:05 -0700
From:         Phil Stanhope <surfmobile007@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires and fuel economy
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

hmmmm, THATS interesting, im running 215/70 R15 Continental loadrange-D tires and im getting better fuel economy than i did with my stock pizza cutters on 14" rims. Im also powered by a Tiico conversion.....and i run 50psi front and 55psi rear, which makes my van coast forever, if i see a light turn yellow a mile ahead i slap the stick in neutral and coast the whole way there, at 1000RPM. Also, my Highway mileage improved with the taller tires, perhaps it was the rolling restistance from your mud tires rather than the diameter that was causing your poor MPG.

Phil, 84' Westy, Tiico'd+dailydriver since 2001