Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:24:38 -0700
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Seem time

I have repainted three Vanagons to date. All had the windows and rubbers removed and I used a Snap On Crud Thug with a wire wheel to remove ALL of the old seam sealant and remove exactly 1/2" of paint on either side of the seam. I have used POR15 and POR Patch according to the directions to reseal and apply paint over top of it. POR15 sprayed throughout interior panels after Krown was applied. (I got a couple cases over the boarder before 911) The entire underbody is Herculiner. Syncro suspension and skid plates are POR15 black The first van has been exposed to New England winters with plenty of salt added for 5+ years, no issues to date.

I do have pictures of the Crud Thugs' work if anyone is interested. I highly recommend these procedures.

dylan

--------------------------------- How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.