Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:18:19 -0400
From:         Doug Alcock <doug.alcock@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My new Westy Shower rig
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@yahoo.com>

While you could extend the hoses to go to the back of the van -- that was Chris Gronski's comment --that's not why I chose this solution. The 'Outback' enclosure is roomy --- has the nifty draining floor --- the handy towel rack and the pockets for soap/shampoo. It is incredibly easy to pitch and pack up. I'm serious -- 1 minute to pitch it and 1.5 minutes to pack it up. By the time you've jury-rigged 3 shower curtains and assorted hardware -- I'll bet you're taking near as much space as my enclosure and probabaly more time to pitch and strike it.. Another point --- the enclosure is big enough that the wall's hardly get wet. I just give the top walls a little swipe with my towel -- and the enclosure packs dry -- right after your shower! The floor needs to be dried at some stage in the day/night. It's a $50 solution to a common problem --- works really well. My wife and daughter both raved about the shower and how comfy and convenient it was. Another point is that if you're staying in your campground it's a permanent fixture. Something I didn't mention is that it both pegs to the ground or has sandbags for places that you can't put pegs into. In my obsessive way I've looked at this problem for 5 years before buying the parts. Malcolm, I've sensed over the year on the list that you're just as obsessed as I am about finding the perfect solution to these sorts of problems. I look forward to seeing yours and will instantly copy it if it suits me better.

Cheers, Doug

On 8/21/06, Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > 4. I don't know how people manage with three sides to the stall -- > > water splashed into the open rear of the van would wet the mattress > > we sleep on and the bedding. Maybe other folk are neater shower-ers than > we are. > > The solution that I plan for this "splash" problem is to fix another > shower curtain to the Westy > rear bug-net snaps. That would stop the splashes from getting into the > van. > > As for the 3 sided shower curtain; I envision a bunggie cord that goes > from the westy pop-top rear > hinge, around the open rear lid and then back to the other side pop-top > rear hinge. Let it hang > to about 6" off the ground and maybe have some weights so that it does not > flap in and cling to > the wet skin. > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com >

-- www.dougalcock.com