Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:41:51 -0700
From:         Brian Workman <wkdrvanagon@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      fuel lines lead to removing intake?

When redoing my fuel lines, I sheared off the bolt that holds the drivers side fuel injectors. I couldn't get the rest of the bolt out with an extractor, so I am thinking that I need to remove that side of the intake (I think that is what it is called) so I can actually get at the bolt to get it out and possibly retap it. It is a bit traped by the AC compressor, but I think it looks like it will come out reasonably easy though the bolts are pretty rusted. The fuel lines was my first project, so I am debating whether to just have it towed to the shop and let them finish or keep going. I sprayed those two bolts with PB blaster tonight to let them sit. Should I give it a try...or let the pros do it? I'd love to be able to say I did the it myself...but not if I am going to mess things up worse. Thanks for all the advice on fuel line replacement....other than this the job went very well. This is an amazing resource for a new vanagon owner and novice (though ambitious) mechanic.

-Brian