Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:51:16 -0400
From:         Dennis <guskersthecat@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1990 Westy AC 3rd speed and condenser fan - A few days
              later...

A few things to report after a few days of driving...

1. The AC 134A retrofit is finally working as it should. The AC is entirely acceptable (fine in the front, probably too cold for the rear pasengers) now that I've got the front rad fan on "medium" speed as it should with the AC on. I've never had the rear fans working on the 3rd speed until now, and as expected, that's the perfect setting.

2. Stock brakes on the 90 Westy are actually quite good if they're in good shape. With the front rotors/pads/bearings just replaced (and rear drums/shoes/bearings 10K ago) I've noticed a significant decrease in braking distance. I was contemplating an upgrade, but given a properly functioning stock system, I don't feel there's a need at all.

Now that everything is fixed, it's time to sell it quick :-)