Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:45:06 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: rocker arms. Interchangeable?

Ken The rockers are interchangeable and the ratio is the same. The difference is the size of the adjusting screw. WBX has 9 MM for the 1.9 and the 2.1 is 10 MM while the bug is 8 MM. You can use the aftermarket 1to1.25 rockers on the WBX but I would recommend a swivel foot adjuster. I had a failure of the valves using Berg type ratio rockers and lash caps the aftermarket valves cant handle this combo without snapping off the hardened tip of the valves.

I have sets of 2.1 rockers BUT the adjusters need replacing. I use ONLY OEM dealer adjusters when I have to buy adjusters. I would love to hear from anybody that has a good sources for good aftermarket ones. Aftermarket adjusters have been well covered on this list and others.

I have plotted stock cams and added ratio rockers the results as follows

exhaust lift at valve stock max lift .347ths ratio max lift .422ths with 40 more crank degrees lift at .347ths lift Intake lift at valve stock rocker max lift .366ths 1.25 rockers max lift 440 with 90 more crank decrees at 366ths lift I have not gotten around to installing them on my big valve engine maybe tomorrow Robert Lilley did higher lift rockers years ago dont know the brand or ratio

Bob Donalds Boston Engine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Lewis" <kdlewis@NORTHSTATE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 11:47 AM Subject: rocker arms. Interchangeable?