Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:01:30 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: (OT) harbor freight tools
Comments: To: Zeitgeist <gruengeist@GMAIL.COM>

Sometimes their stuff works OK. Sometimes not - mostly not, but as I said - sometimes it does work. I bought a turbine spraygun setup from them that has turned out to be a honey. The motor and turbine are in a plastic case that has a place for storage of the spraygun itself. Whole thing = hose, motor, blower, hose, spraygun (quart size tank) - all for $90. I have used the h-e-double toothpicks out of it for two years and it's still running strong. And it has been abused. I spray glaze with it. That grit is erosive as all get-out but the gun has held up beautifully. Their HVLP guns have held up well also.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Zeitgeist wrote: > The general rule of thumb with HF tools, is that you don't want to > purchase > any of their Asian-sourced tools that move or generate complex motions on > their own. If you do purchase a tool that violates that rule, then just > don't spend more than you're willing to throw away in order to replace it > when it inevitably fails...and it will. Their stuff is absolute crap, > but > it will work in a pinch...most of the time. > > On 8/26/06, Florian Speier <groups.florian@gmail.com> wrote: >> >> Hi list, >> >> since I recently moved full-time to the U.S. and now ahve a home here, I >> am >> equipping my garage/shop. Since I am kind of on a budget at the moment, >> its >> not gonna be Dewalt tools:-( Question: has anyone used harbor freights >> lineup of Chicago Power tools (angle grinder, jigsaw, sander and the >> like)? >> Do they hold up a while, handle OK and are safe? (I recently bought a >> socket set of cheap tools on the road from the flaps, and the first >> socket >> shattered in pieces on the first use, so I am a little cautious). >> >> > Casey > Olympia, WA > Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state" > '87 300TD intercooler #22 (217k) > '84 300D (216k) > Gashuffer: > '89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K) > http://users.zhonka.net/zeitgeist/Misc/IMG_0171.JPG > >