Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:55:29 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <vwdiesels@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cooling System Flush

Daryl,

Just pulled mine today, and you're right, it weighs about 3x the new Jetta rad I have here, which is similar in surface area. I noticed the water from inside was clean, so the crud must be well stuck. But spraying the fins let loose an amazing amount of crud, so that could have been part of my problem. I may never know, since I have a new one coming anyway... I'll put them on the scale and compare, just for fun...

Shawn Wright http://members.shaw.ca/vwdiesels '88 Westy 1.6TD 5 speed '85 Jetta Diesel 1.6NA