Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:15:48 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to install Sirius antenna?
Comments: To: "Katherine J. Maas" <kathmaas@TELUS.NET>

I've installed a Sirius antenna in my Westy and my passenger Syncro. First the Westy.

Ran the antenna under the center carpet to the area under the driver seat, then back behind the stove cabinet, up behind the curtains. Behind the shelf, up over the lip at the hinge mount, then under the canvas where the crease in the roof metal is, around the edge (outside) of the canvas, under the front luggage carrier. I remove the luggage carrier and placed the magnetic mount at the leading edge (centered) of the luggage carrier, put the luggage carrier back in place. The fiberglass is transparent at the frequencies used.

Others have mounted right at the front of the dash.

On the Passenger Vanagon, I mounted it at the rear, but didn't make a real effort to route it under the rubber seal. Don't make that mistake. You'll allow water in if you do. After getting it inside, it is easy to route it up the driver side of the vehicle behind the panels, then under the driver seat and up the center carpet to the console.