Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:55:56 -0500
From:         Bill Bowman <bill@BNNTA.COM>
Subject:      BNNTA#21...
Comments: To: "Spohn, Rick" <spohn@us.ibm.com>,
          List - Buskatiers <buskatiers@buskatiers.org>,
          List - DBG <dbginfo@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - GVWC <gatewayvw@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - Missouri Micros <missouri_micros@yahoogroups.com>,
          List - Type 2 <type2@type2.com>,
          List - Vintagebus <vintagebus@type2.com>
Comments: cc: "Niedernhofer, Tom" <57roadster@sbcglobal.net>,
          "O'Shea, Kathie (& Craig)" <koshea56@aol.com>,
          "Shelton, Al" <alstoy2276@aol.com>,
          "Simurda, Bruce" <BSimurda@hotvws.com>,
          "Spohn, Rick" <spohn@us.ibm.com>, "Van Heyst, Bob" <Bob@bbt4vw.com>

Good morning everyone,

We're in the final stages of packing up the vans for departure to the "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #21" event today. Our personal supplies and all of the event gear are loaded and the buses are tuned and eagar to go.

We can't believe our luck again! The holiday weekend weather forecast is fantastic, again! For the second year in a row, the daytime high temps throughout the weekend are forecast to only hit the LOW 80's!!! I can hardly believe that I can leave the window A/C unit at home and enjoy just the weather au natural! And nightime lows will be in the mid 60's (perfect camping/sleeping/campfire weather). No rain or showers forcast until Tuesday of next week. Man did we get lucky!

So if you've been riding the fence on this one, worried about "global warming" and heat or humidity, scramble out to the garage and pack up the VW with your camping gear and point the nose towards Mark Twain Lake in northeast Missouri for a long weekend full of Volkswagens and family camping fun. Check out http://www.bnnta.com for more info on all the activities and directions.

The first VWs to arrive are already there with several more arriving today, and then the bulk flowing in on Friday. One VW buddy even flew in from Australia and is borrowing a Transporter to attend, so you have no excuse! We hope to see many of you very soon around the campfires, and we hope that whether you'll be joining us or not for this literally "cool" VW event, that you have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend wherever you are!

Bill & Kathryn Bowman http://www.bnnta.com