Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:35:24 -0400
From:         Wil Haslup <whaslup@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: air intake boot repair

Old Volks Home wrote: > Funny that it should be mentioned here on the list. At VWG/Airhead we've > been prototyping this very same Air Intake Boot for the 80-83.5 as a repro > replacement and as soon as we can get pricing and the first run quantity > requirements met (we have to make 1000 of these and you don't wanna know > what tooling $$$ is) we can get these made. Right now, target price > will be > around $40 and we're hoping to have it in stock late winter/early spring > 2007. It's been taking awhile, but we've run this through 4 different > makers before we were happy with what we've got so far.

...let me be the first to say, "WAY COOL!"...

This has been discussed on the list before because it is such a common problem for Vanagon owners. This particular piece is a subject of failure and poor vacuum on my '80 as well and is currently gooped back together with rubber cement, silicone and duct tape.

I'd be happy to pay $40 for a replacement that had years of life and didn't require me to get my hands dirty every 6-12 months to fix again.

I've wondered why someone hadn't made an after market replacement but assumed tooling injection molded rubber of any size took a costly investment.

..great to hear.

--

Wil

-- http://www.charmfx.com/