Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:10:54 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Better Cat converters: OEM or aftermarket?
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

I prefer the Emico units as they truly fit like OEM, including appearance. They are not OEM though. They appear to have more flow area than most other units although I have not noticed a noticeable difference in power. It should be noted that even these units do not have as much active material as the OEM. The core is only about 3 or4 inches where the OEM almost completely filled the housing. They do get the job done though.

Dennis