Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:19:09 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: '91 GL Westfakia
Comments: To: Michael Garcia <mjgarcia7@YAHOO.COM>

Have you got any pics of the Westy upgrade on the GL? I picked up a really nice 88 GL a while back with lots of little goodies added and I want to upgrade it to a Wesfakia GL as well.

And I'm with you getting your AC fixed!!

Thanks,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Michael Garcia wrote: > John, > > That'd be me. I'm the third owner of this rig; the original owner lives > down in Massachusetts, where the van enjoyed all that the Bay State has to > offer for the first 8 years of its life. Then it found its way up to a > dealer/repair shop in New Hampshire, who used it as his day to day > transportation and for parts pick up. > > I bought it from the Greek owner of the shop about 3 years ago. He's > getting up there in years and was having a hard time driving a manual. > When I bought it, it was a straight 7 passenger GL. Since then, I've > gutted the interior, reinsulated it top to bottom, installed the camper > interior which I purchased from Chris Jordan down around Philly way, added > a Plat Cat heater, GoWesty 16" rims and wheels, etc. etc. I've driven it > around 3 of the 4 corners of this great country (haven't hit the South > East yet). > > Right now, I'm up to Portland, Oregon for a 10 month training assignment > for my employer, then returning to Phoenix. But before I do, the A/C will > get repaired....I'm not spending another summer there without it. > > Like most of the rigs out there, its a work in progress. I've replaced > quite a bit on it, but much still remains. I'll try to post photos of the > fuel tank swap out when that happens. After that, I think I'm going to > tackle installing a PLC that I have laying around, and tying in the > various sensors (O2, Oil temp, Oil pressure, voltage, vacuum, tire > pressure, exterior temp, etc) to it, then routing that info to a single > LCD monitor on the dash. I have too many gauges. > > That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. > > Mike > > > > > On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:39:22 -0500, John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> wrote: > > >> OK ...... someone out there is driving the above named vehicle. >> >> Would you please come forward and identify yourself? I would like to ask >> some questions about your vehicle and how you came by it. >> >> Thanks. >> >> John Rodgers >> 88 GL Driver >> > > >