Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:44:34 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Jerome Jamboree XVI 9/15 to 9/18 2006
Comments: To: Vanagon Yahoo List <Vanagon@yahoogroups.com>,
          Vanagon Full Timers List <VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com>,
          Wet Westies List <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          SouthWesties List <southwesties@fdntech.com>, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

OK, the venerable VW Toy Man Unca Jerry Jess is not subscribed to some various VW oriented Type 2 Lists, so I've taken it upon myself to pass along the word about the Annual Jerome Jamboree. Here goes.....

September 15, 2006 - September 17, 2006 - Jerome Jamboree XVI Jerome, Arizona, Arizona September 15, 16 and 17 2006 - Jerome Jamboree Gold King Mine, Jerome, Arizona The Arizona Bus Club proudly invites all VW Drivers to join us for the Sixteenth Annual Jerome Jamboree. The 1964 Custom Raffle Bus is looking great and you may be the lucky soul who drives it home...all we ask is that you show up in a VW; non-Volkswagens are not allowed through the gates. Our venue is located at the historic Gold King Mine (5 minutes from Jerome Arizona.) Events may include the Pet Show, Body Art Contest, Chili Cookoff, Slow Drags, Childrens Activities, Raffles Galore and whatever else we dream up between now and then. Mr. Bus Burger will be serving up Burgers and Dogs near the front gate! The Gold King Mine offers tours and is a destination in itself. Swapping of parts is strongly encouraged and a sense of humor is mandatory. Anyone wishing to sell new items must pre-register as a vendor (see the ABC website) to reserve their spots in vendor row. The caravan out of Phoenix Friday morning is legendary and could change your life! Check our website www.arizonabusclub.com for updates or email jdstanton5@cox.net for more information. Admission is $10 per night per vehicle for campers and $3 a day for walk-ins. Sorry no walk-ins after sunset. Proceeds donated to local charities including the Jerome Volunteer Fire Department. If you can bring something for our stage raffle we'd sure appreciate it. Thanks Samba!

We've had an electic group over the past decade and a half, ranging from the bare-bones splittie to the fully outfitted Rialta with many list members from practically all the groups, so if yer free and have a some extra gas money, fill the tank and come to Jerome to enjoy the weird and wonderful 3 days of primitive camping next to Mingus Mountain.

I'll be there for the umpteenth time, hawking a few wares outa "Ole Putt"

-- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com **********************************