Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:18:22 -0400
From:         Helmut Blong <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: It' been quite a day.....

Sounds like a productive day.

I posted a few days ago about algebra and various electrical issues. Yesterday, I pulled the left engine bay grounds, cleaned them up and reattached. Don't know if it's related but my windshield washer pump works now.

Had to replace a tailpipe in anticipation of MD state inspection. It wouldn't be a day of car repair without breaking a rusted bolt. Fairly quickly I was able to drill out and re-tap. One piece of the seires complete. Need now to get acouple of headlight adjusters, repair and reinstall the rear bumper and then I can get it inspected.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: John Rodgers <inua@charter.net> Date: Sep 10, 2006 4:55 PM Subject: It' been quite a day..... To: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com

Pulled two PS high pressure lines today. Replaced one onto the other vehicle. Holding the second to see if my flaps can make a repair. If not then new parts for $211.00.

Also swapped out the idle stabilizer valve, re-hooked the vacuum line under the ISV, Removed and replaced the power steering pump on the blue van. Discovered two very rotten coolant lines on the blue van, (inadvertantly stuck my finger through one). I now have a new power steering rack to be installed and a complete set of FI hoses to be installed.

Need to build a mount bracket for my SA grille, then it can be installed.

Lots to do, lots to do.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver