Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:25:48 -0600
From:         David Johnson <davidj@ELPASOTEL.NET>
Subject:      Re: eurovan poptop conversion?
Comments: To: mad madeline <mac10wv@YAHOO.COM>

Well, I can't speak much to the pop-top conversion issue, although I have somewhat coveted the Westy Eurovans, but I had to pop in even though it is a little off topic. I have a '99 Eurovan with 103k on it right now, and honestly this thing has run just great through its entire run time. I am very hard on my main vehicle because I live in

the middle of nowhere, and make a lot of trips to the hospitals in the city, 1-2 hours away depending on which hospital is needed. Other than brakes, I have only had to replace 1 hose, and have a quirk in the "Climatronic" system. I will say this car is a lot more

costly to repair than a Vanagon (parts are fairly outrageous, at least in Colorado) but I really do like the van. And heck, if you want, go out and get a full on Rialta instead - true the milage is not as good as a stock Eurovan, but it is a full on, way cool camper. I want one.

Just my two cents on something that is probably OT anyway. Sorry. David. '80 West - Blue Midget '99 Eurovan - Grape Ape