Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:16:55 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: It' been quite a day.....
Comments: To: neil <goofymuso@yahoo.ca>

The real charm is that you will know your machine inside and out, and all it's little quirks and nuances, and there fore you will rarely be "caught out" by some inconvenience that takes a lot of time and big bucks to fix. You will ahve taken care of it before it happens.

I like knowing my machine thoroughly. No surprises on a back road by the bayou in the middle of a rainy night.

John

neil wrote: > --- John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> wrote: > > >> Lots to do, lots to do. >> >> John Rodgers >> 88 GL Driver >> > > > Hey keep on keepin on! > > I dropped my gas heater yesterday, checked brake lines > to rears, cleaned up odds and ends. Even got the > P-side bushing out of clutch housing..... (don't ask > how!) > > Tomorrow is installing new parts in clutch housing > pulling rusty questionable steel brake lines, checking > shoes and springs etc. and putting clutch et al back > together.... *sigh* > > I'm starting to understand part of the "charm" in > owning one of these beasts! > > Cheers, > > > > Neil Nicholson. > 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia. > > http://web.mac.com/tubaneil > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > >