Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:11:34 -0500
From:         Warren Lail <vw.bus@MAC.COM>
Subject:      bus friendly garages (second best choice) (LVC)

It may seem strange that although I long for a bus-friendly living room, I don't even park my bus inside now. I have been working many hours on the garage, but there is only room for my GF's car in there right now. Ole Billy Bones ain't afeard of sittin' out in no weather no how - he's an old sea dog.

BUT, I have made the garage into a relatively hospitable place (until it really gets cold this winter). Off to the side there is an antique oriental rug, a table, a lamp, and a couple of chairs. I've purchased a garage refrigerator and so there's beer and other libations available. I also have a nice Kitchen-Aid blender out there for raspberry margaritas (GF's preference). I took our old kitchen cabinets and mounted them in the garage, so now I have a nice work space with overhead cabinets, one of which serves as a liquor (scotch) cabinet. And then there's one for my pipes and tobacco. I can smoke my pipe in the garage and not get that odor (nice while you're smokin' but a bit smelly when it's stale) in the house. I did pull Billy Bones inside once to do a little cleaning of his interior, but he called me an "infernal swab" or something like that.

Yes, I think there's hope for us who want to bring our buses inside. Garages are as close as many of us will get. I hope that when, and if, my GF and I buy another home, we get one with a three-car garage - room for her car, for my bus, and room for a little entertainment space, pirate-style!

Warren L. 88 Westy "Billy Bones"