Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:43:11 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>

'Things', or this particular thing, will probably not become better in the near future but that's no reason to stop complaining. : )

I don't really get what's bugging you but if I were you I wouldn't let it... bug me; that is to say I haven't and I don't. There's all sorts on this list and if we each let the ones that rubbed us the wrong way get to us it'd grind to a halt in a hurry... just don't take it personally, or ignore it if necessary and forge on ahead.

I for one have found your saga interesting and as these vans get older I think the sorts of things that you've gone through are going to be more common- people starting ever farther behind the 8-ball to get one of these things rolling again.

New people looking at these problems with fresh eyes sometimes brings the list out of the doldrums- yeah it helps to use the archives (when they work at all, which is a different issue from knowing how to work them) but so far I haven't seen a great deal of reluctance to re-hash information (to put it mildly). Dennis has gone over the dual battery issue more times than I can count (just to pull one out of the air) but he always seems willing to take it up again when another person needs to know; other folks make faqs and docs and pmail those around, or keep personal archives, etc. It's just part of the evolution of the thing, it's the way we do it.

Yeah it's not terribly efficient but what is? If it was terribly efficient most of the interaction would disappear.

Robert