Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:55:39 -0500
From:         Grant Braddish <braddish@MAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1989 Westfalia full camper in S. Vermont

From my listing on the Samba - http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=358369

1989 VW Vanagon Westfalia Full Camper Automatic Transmission 124,000 miles

Originally purchased new at Carter Volkswagen on Aurora Ave. in Seattle by a couple who sold it to the 2nd owner in 1991. She owned it for almost 10 years when I bought this camper from her in 2000 while living in Seattle. I moved to Vermont in Sept. 2001. Stored most winters since moving to VT. Overall in very good condition. This ’89 model has the more powerful 110hp engine.

Features: Power steering Power mirors Three way fridge – I still even have the ice cube tray Sink with on-board and city water Two burner stove Go Westy Dual battery set up Pop top in very good condition, no tears, window zippers work perfectly Two tables All curtains – including front snap in privacy curtain Rear snap in bug screen Both small window screens Go Westy 3 point seatbelts in rear Yokahama SuperVan 356 tires – with only approx 10k miles on them Bilstein shocks – no rear sag Second set of Nokian Hakka C2 studded snow tires on steel rims– maybe 5k on them, at most since it was garaged most winters Paulchen luggage rack A/C blows cool (not cold) air, could use a new condenser but in Seattle and VT we just never needed it. Denon AM/FM cassette player Custom cut carpets in front seat and passenger area

Recent work includes: June 2004 - New cylinder heads and gaskets, coolant lines, exhaust head pipes, thermostat, new brake master cylinder

November 2004 - front brakes: pads, rotors, bearings, seals, etc.

July 2005 - coolant flush/change

August 2005 - new tailpipe

September 2005 - new water pump, hoses, clamps, new belts

June 2006 - new push rods, lifters, and tubes on right side

July 2006 - computerized front end alignment

August 2006 – new front windshield

We have loved this van and made all repairs when necessary. I have repair receipts dating back to 1998. Minor dings/dents on body as expected for a 17 year old vehicle.

I will include owners manuals, Bentley manual, leveler ramps (for camping), and other extras. If you want additional photos, let me know.

I saw this in an ad below and thought it was good to add: You are welcome to have a mobile service come to perform the inspection or to drive it yourself to have it inspected by a local mechanic of your choice. The seller will not be responsible for any repairs once the vehicle has been sold. Please understand that this van is sold "as is" and seller will not be held liable for mechanical expenses after the purchase is completed.

-- ___________________________________________________ Play 100s of games for FREE! http://games.mail.com