Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:56:00 -0400
From:         Helmut Blong <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: borescopes anyone was Re: dumb dumb blue paper shop towel in
              crankcase ..duh

A lot of plumbers have boroscopes for drain inspection. Maybe you could call for some other service and get them to scope the crankcase while they are there?

mordo

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: TC <trclark@shaw.ca> Date: Sep 14, 2006 11:36 AM Subject: borescopes anyone was Re: dumb dumb blue paper shop towel in crankcase ..duh To: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com

So I spent a few hrs yesterday here in Vic, BC looking for anyone that rent borescopes nope any one willing to come out for 1 hrs yup $150-200 for the visit :( 1 shop(Ellice) with a borescope belives they wont be able to see anything any one ever use a borescope to peek in the crankcase do these guys know what they are talking about

So looks like anybody with one will set me back 100-200 eitherway so I figure I need a new toy this month & I think back how many times I wouda like to see in wall or down some drain, or some other crevice, down the spark plug hole & up at those valves & now in crankcase so I think this puppy at $299 looks a good bet any of you 'real' mechanics care to suggest a quality budget device that you have experince with (options i figure it should have min 1/4" diameter, digital camera ability, 7000 fibers) http://www.provision100.com/pv2_scope.html makes a good spy cam as well :)