Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:13:32 -0700
From:         Bill MacLachlan <billmacla@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wheel size numbering
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

The Ronal wheels came with the van... I don't particularly like the way they look, one is very dented (my fault), and the tires on them are wearing out. So instead of getting the bent wheel repaired, and mounting new tires, I'm thinking of replacement wheels and new tires- and I'm not limiting myself to 14" wheels. Thanks to your reply ( and experience) I've a much better understanding of the numbering/sizing of wheels, and what's needed to fit them on a van. Now I can sift through the wreckers etc with a bit more confidence.

Bill M

On 9/14/06, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > On 9/14/06, Bill MacLachlan <billmacla@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Thanks for the answers Ben, ( and everyone else). Just what I needed. > > For clarification, the Ronals I now have are ON my van. Rather than > > repairing the (badly) dented one, I was thinking of getting new wheels, so > > wanted general info about wheel numbering and what would fit so I would know > > what I'm looking for at the wreckers. Yep, it was a general question- but > > with a specific underpinning and your answer has covered it pretty darn > > thoroughly. Better than my archive search. Thanks again. > > > > btw the wheels on the van are 14" 5 112 ET45. so yes, > > there's spacers on the front.... > > > > Thanks again all, hope this covers any loose ends.... > > > > Bill M > > 82GL I4 > > > > OK, Bill. You're welcome. Seems like a lot of trouble for 14" rims. You > must really like the way they look. > > BenT > > >