Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:40:45 -0400
From:         Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: INLINE MEGASQUART

I did the MS swap into my WBX in a weekend (outside of building the ecu itself). The hard part is finding a nice place to mount it. (If you have an 83-84.5). I ended up putting it in a nice hard to reach place. lol. There's the mount pic. :) http://pictures.rawsuds.com/d/11315-2/ms_mount_location.JPG

Sudhir

On 9/8/06, dooley <pdooley@gte.net> wrote: > The beauty of Megasquirt is it can be run on almost any engine, not just the > I4 VW. MS is relatively easy to adapt to the WBX engine, the fuel delivery > part(injectors, rails, fuel pump, lines, etc..) is already there. > You can even calibrate MS to use the factory VW sensors. > No more AFM, the MS has a built in MAP sensor for speed density operation. > You can even run the ignition from MS, all you need is the Hall sender input > from the WBX distributor. > Bear in mind this is a true stand-alone system, with programmable fuel and > spark tables on the fly with a laptop computer. > > Granted, this is not a weekend project for a novice wrench, the average > person will need to spend many hours reading the MS manual and other > resources, and more time installing and tuning the system. > The benefit is a much better understanding of how fuel injection works along > with the ability to source inexpensive, reliable parts and make them work > with your custom ignition and fuel maps for optimal results. > The benefit for me was to be able to run forced induction on my Rabbit > pickup without meltdown. > > The best place to start for more info is: http://www.megasquirt.info/ > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > ------------- > Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:06 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: INLINE MEGASQUART > > Well for all you inline 4 cyl. people hear is a Megasquart > for you engine. My inline is running great these days, but > if I was to do it all over this guys alreasdy got it all figured > out. Click on his signiture for a ton of info......... > > http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2801727 >