Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:07:46 -1000
From:         Lev <chemistre@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      I'm back and looking for diesel westy.  Please help!

Hi all,

After a long three and a half year hiatus, I'm back on the list and hopefully soon back in a vanagon. I was on this list for a few years when I had an 84 camper (which I drove through every mainland state, most on more than one occasion) and then an 87 camper. I sold them both to move to Hawaii where I've been for the past several years. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept one and brought it over here instead... oh well. I recently got a job back on the mainland (well, I find out officially in a couple of days, but they said "hush-hush, we will offer it to you") so since I'm going back I really can't think of a better vehicle to have than a vanagon camper (some would call me a fool). Anyway, this list has always been a great help to me and so I must call on you guys once again... I need a diesel westy. It has to run well as I have to fly in, buy it and then drive it to work which may be thousands of miles away. Since I'm flying from Hawaii, where I fly into isn't really that important so I can buy it where ever it happens to be as long as it's in the U.S. If anyone has a diesel for sale or knows of one, I would very much like to hear about it. I don't really care about the body and paint job (although little to no rust would be preferable), but I need it to run well. It needs to be a camper with a pop-top. Otherwise I'm open. I have (or will when I sell my current car) a few grand to spend on it... maybe four-ish or more (that's negotiable based of condition of vehicle and all that). So, please let me know! I expect to fly back somewhere at the beginning of October, the third or fourth maybe. That should give me some time to find one. I've seen a couple on ebay, but $8500 is pretty steep :(

Thank you all in advance, especially if you're still reading this! lev

Oh, please reply to me directly as I set the list to "no-mail" since I don't even have a vanagon right now and I know how much mail this thing gets :)