Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:38:08 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Converting a Wolfsburg to a Full Camper  BTDT
Comments: To: ccc1@VOLNY.CZ

hi cary..its been done before.. i parted out a '86 westy weekender from vermont (it was a rustbucket) that someone had done this to. listmember Doug Ford from CT ended up with this interior.. i dont know if he still has it?

it started out life as a 86 westy weekender (non-GL camper) with the tan "shreddy" corduroy seats.. then the PO found a early P22 vanagon westy (the model with no stove or fridge, just a sink and icebox and full width rear seat) the water tank on the p22 models sits under the rear sofabed... so the PO extended the westy weekenders tan plastic sofabed kickpanel, and added the watertank under the rear westy weekender rear sofabed..he didnt use the sofabed from the P22. he kept the 86 westy weekender sofabed.. it fit under there great... and you just lift the seatbottom to fill the tank (or add the exterior ports) then he removed the fixed westy weekender jumpseat behind driver and added the sink/icebox galley from the P22 westy. he trimmed down the tan plastic wall panel, and it fit in there.. and he had to shorten the table an inch or two at the front edge of the table (pull rubber trim back, shorten table, then reapply trim), but it fit in there and he was able to keep the flip out table!!!! it looked stock.. so basically he ended up with the 86 westy weekender sofabed with the P22 water tank under it, and the P22 kitchen sink/icebox cabinet in there with the 86 westy weekender flip out wall table still functional!! looked sweet.. i wish i had taken pics before i removed it.. doug, what did u do w/ this interior?

chris