Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:56:56 -0400
From:         Bob Mac <BOBMACDOWELL@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Z-tech convert

A few months ago i decided their's no sense whatsoever owning a vehicle that doesn't have a reliable motor in it SOOO i went the big step and ordered a conversion for the Z-tech power plant. I waited the required amount of time ( which was to the day of when they said i would get it) and finally last weekend got the time to install this into my 84 westy. The install was just as i expected, about as straight forward as possible. They told me that i was to expect a time frame of about 15 hrs. for the install. After i pulled the old headache out i just stood their with a big smile on my face knowing that i wouldn't have to put up with that piece of edjhiefbv any longer. Well i wasn't about to put this shiny new motor into the greasy dirty engine bay so i spent 2 hrs. cleaning it. I took the auto trans off and mounted it to the new power plant and proceeded to wheel it under the van. Hoisted it up and bolted it in. It took a few phone calls to bostig but their customer service is outstanding. The next day i proceeded to do the plumbing and the wiring. This was another practically effortless job. Then i stood back and gazed into that shiny engine bay with that shiny new engine and i couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Outside of my connection to the fuel pump ( reversed wires) i went in and hit the key and this thing came to life. Another even larger smile came to my now ecstatic face. This was a drive it in sat. morning, drive it home sun. evening operation. Enough of that. Today i finally got to drive it. I can't say enough about what a pleasure it is to get in and hit the key on this power plant. I took it on about a 100 mile cruise. Plenty of power, smooth, and the biggest thing ( i hope) reliable. Dropping this thing into the passing gear brings back memories of my old corvette (just kidding) It's no v8 but has plenty of power. I can't say enough about Jim and Brady for the effort they put into developing this motor. Any question you might have about this motor, they have the answer. And i know from talking to them that their's a lot more development in the works to tweek this thing into THEE motor to have. Keep up the good work guys and thanks again for all your effort. If anybody is considering a convert and would like to talk to someone who has an unbias opinion my phone is always available (570)430-0916 i've me a call, i love talking about it. Hope i didn't bore you all with my enthusiasm but i'm psyched