Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:36:14 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      its official "BUSES by the DEPOT" vw van get-together sat Oct
              14th Green Lane PA
Comments: cc: vanagon@yahoogroups.com

well it's "official"....this event will be called "Buses by the Depot" not only because of its close proximity to Busdepot.com, (Ron approved the event name) but there is alot of old railroad history in that area.. ive traveled backroads around there, and there are many old railroad sidings and railroad depots, and you can see alot of places where old early 1900's railroad tracks running across the road have been filled in, when the railroads became more obsolete as commercial trucking and personal automobiles became more popular..

anyway, im hoping the turnout will be good. i personally am only on the vanagon lists now - since i got rid of all my baywindows i havent been on the type2 lists lately.. what do you all think about opening this up to ALL vw vans - from old splitties to baywindows, to new eurovans...not just vanagons? let me know how you all feel about that. this way it could even gain recognition as a LiMBO sanctioned event if we turn this into a yearly thing..

also, its been suggested that in order for us (or should i say you all, since i wont be camping :<) to get campsites right next to eachother - then it might make sense to collect pre-paid reservations for adjoining spots (camping is $15 per nite) - so that way you arent sandwiched between "Joe Dirt" and his double wide '78 'Bago ratbox playing 'Skynrd all night long and swilling moonshine..or something like that.. LOL anyway, its up to y'all. this time of year im sure the campground will hardly be packed though.. most likely be empty.. but if someone wants to setup a paypal account (my paypal is currently FUBAR) and take reservations, then ron said he would stop by the park and reserve a bunch of adjoining spots once paid reservations are confirmed.. (he lives right by the park, i live 20-30 mins away from it) so anyway, the reservation thing would be up to you all..

here is a tally of prospective attendees as of 7am EST tues:

so far 11 people plan to attend... we need more! people will be coming from all over.. PA, MD, DE, NJ, VA..etc... make it a weekend trip!

me - chris - jordanvw@aol.com either bringing my '84 sunroof van or '85 Doka - PA westy_cruisin@yahoo.com - John Lane - '83 westy- PA kimbrennan@mac.com - kim brennan - '91 Syncro westy SVX -VA ron@busdepot.com - ron salmon - '89 westy- PA jhecht@alum.mit.edu - joy hecht - '89 westy- VA alegre1969@yahoo.com - alex - clark@clarkspace.com - clark - '88 westy sudhir.desai@gmail.com - '84 GL ex-turbo :<) -MD dellaone@gmail.com - dave milo - '87 syncro camper- PA tim.demarest@pobox.com - tim demarest - '85 westy -NJ ploessl@sunmac.spect.upenn.edu - karl ploessl - '81 westy - DE

once again, heres the link to Green Lane park for driving directions and a map of the campground. camping is $15 per nite, cash only.

http://parks.montcopa.org/parks/cwp/view,A,1516,Q,26356.asp

we need more people to attend! if your planning on attending, please p-mail me w. your name and what van you'll be bringing, and if you plan on camping so i can give ron an idea of the turnout..

chris