Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:45:56 +1000
From:         Stephen Overmyer <S.OVERMYER@UWS.EDU.AU>
Subject:      Re: Squeaky front end parts

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:12:39 -0400 From: Helmut Blong <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM> Subject: Fwd: Squeaky front end parts

I have this same condition. I have been planning a front end update but would love a solution in the interim. I've read a post ont he Samba that suggests application of PB Blaster. I have been trying to eyeball whether or not there is a possibility to inject lubricant into the upper A arm bushings.

Any list comments would be appreciated.

Hi Helmut,

I have had some success using a spray grease on the upper control arm bushings of my T3 that are notorious for squeaking/creaking. Every time I did a service or was anywhere around and under the front end I would hit them again with the spray grease. It took a number of repeated applications but eventually they stopped creaking...for the most part anyway. Occasionally they still will but not for long then it goes away again. It was easier albeit slower than replacement and I still have the original ones in there at 290,000kms.

Maybe worth a shot...literally ;-)

Cheers, Steve O NSW Australia '92 Transporter WBX Kombi '00 Transporter Double Cab '03 Transporter Double Cab (work truck) '78 Land Rover 109 Series 3 soft top ute (ex-Aust.Army)