Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:56:44 -0500
From:         Marion Lathem <resiolute@COPPER.NET>
Subject:      Re: [SPAM] Re: !985 Vanagon radiator leak.
Comments: To: Tim Demarest <tim.demarest@pobox.com>

Tim, Thanks, I did understand after a bit... of thinking about it. Thank goodness my engine is running well this afternoon. I put new plugs in it, and found a hose off down under the breather box, hooks to that air flow...whatever that is at an elbow in the hose, had slipped off, and the gap in a couple of plugs was really wide as well.

I wasn't really thinking about the practicality of the project, just that I could do it. We have a number of cars, junkers come through here, and most all of the end tanks are so brittle, they have already fallen apart. We junk them anyway and sell them for scrap metal. I felt relieved and overjoyed my tank was not brittle, and I could do what I did to a 25 year old radiator.. if it is that old.? I will put another radiator in the van though, Dennis has a very good point...and I will certainly heed his warning. Thanks, Dennis...!!

I think what amazes me the most about the Vanagon, and it's engine... Volkswagen used just as much metal as it took to do the job...not an ounce more. Course as we look at our oil future this long ago planning may become state of the art again if it isn't now already. The down side to that method is it's like working on a washer or dryer the cases are sharp as knives in most of the inner places.

Lyle Lathem 1985 Vanagon GL