Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:50:09 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW's very cool high tech splitty
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>,
          stan.wohlfarth@bentleypublishers.com

That bus will be in brookline Ma this weekend

Stan (Spanky) Wohlfarth has arranged to have it dropped off for the day this is his email about the event

To all,

The 21st annual Transporterfest/VW Day, sponsored by LiMBO, NEATO and BSVWOC will take place on Sunday October 1 from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Join us for a fun-filled day of Volkswagens, old and new, shiny and rusty, clean and oily, straight and dented (we like 'em all:). Last year we had 85 Volkswagens gather on the beautiful lawn at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA (Boston, MA area) for a day of relaxed bus-ness. $10 show vehicle admission fee includes two Museum admissions and dash plaques to the first 100 participants. New parts vendor fee: $25, used VW parts vendors: $10. We have a huge raffle at the end of the day with lots of prizes for children and adults. We are planning to have an informal campout on Saturday night at Canoe River campground in Mansfield, MA (www.canoeriver.com). Please e-mail or call Stan if you want to camp. Show pre-registration is not necessary, just show up on the day of the show, rain or shine. For directions to the museum visit www.mot.org or call 617-522-6547. For more show info, e-mail stan.wohlfarth@bentleypublishers.com or call 508-651-3502, evenings 7 - 10 pm.

Attached is a flyer for this year's Transporterfest. Camping info is on page 2, including directions. Please send me an e-mail if you would like to camp with us. Eric Lindskog will be cooking his delicious bbq spare ribs at the campout again. Cost is $15/rack, payable on Sat.

If you are just planning to come to the Sunday show then an e-mail reply is not necessary, just show up. The show is rain or shine.

This year we will have a special '64 deluxe bus supplied by Volkswagen and their Electronic Research Lab in California. The "Chameleon" bus is completely electric powered and has a host of electronic gadgets that have been tastefully added during it's restoration/customization. I'll attach a few pictures of this bus from the Alt. Wheels event in Boston last weekend.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alistair Bell" <albell@UVIC.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:43 PM Subject: VW's very cool high tech splitty