Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:43:18 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Reason for Saddle-shaped gas tank
Comments: To: rubatoguy@COMCAST.NET

You misunderstood. In the air cooled Vanagons, the heated air for passenger comforter is passed up to the front of the vehicle by duct work. The saddle in the gas tank accomodates that duct work.

Of course my experience in an aircooled beetle was that the heat exchangers rusted up so quickly you got into a situation of either never having heated air, or permanently having heated air...On buses or aircooled vanagons (I've never owned one) I understand that the heated air sometimes wasn't by the time it got up to the front. Even on working systems.