Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:42:35 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      Sink and water pressure

John,

I replaced my OEM faucet twice and then gave up and got a Shur-flo from West Marine: http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ producte/10001/-1/10001/26355/0/0/shur-flo/All_2/mode+matchallpartial/ 0/0

If that URL doesn't work go to West Marine and search "shur-flo". The model you want is the one with the switch; #296493. I hooked mine up to a step-on foot switch so I don't need my hands to turn the faucet on---works great. I mounted the Shur-flo in the hole in the sink (the OEM faucet base fills up the hole in the sink; the Shur-flo base is smaller) by using two plastic discs that cover the hole from both sides so it holds the faucet in place. I drilled a hole through the center of these two plastic discs and dropped the faucet in. The plastic disks are actually door knob stopper discs that you stick to your wall behind a door so the knob doesn't ding the wall. Home Desperate has them---have a look at these pics---it will make more sense. Last pic is of the foot switch. Found that at a local electronic store. I stash it in the sink cabinet when I'm on the road.

http://vickersdesign.com/vanagon/faucet1.jpg http://vickersdesign.com/vanagon/faucet2.jpg http://vickersdesign.com/vanagon/foot_switch.jpg

Jeff / 87 Syncro Westy