Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:37:14 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: installing new luggage rack seals
Comments: cc: Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>

> I'm about to install the new seal on my luggage rack, and was > just wondering if there's anything I should know aside from > the obvious. There are four screws on the front and sides of > the rack, four on the back, and I assume I remove them, > remove the rack, then pull out the old seal and put on the new one. > Is there more to it than that?

That depends on whose luggage rack seal you're installing. Mine can be installed without removing/loosening the luggage rack at all. You can carefully slip it under the lip, using a non-sharp object to push it through. However, other vendors sell poptop seal as a luggage rack seal, so the insulation bulb (intended for the poptop) makes the seal too thick to go on without removing the luggage rack first. If you are using a bulbed seal, be sure to notch it at a couple of points on the sides to allow rainwater to drain into the rain gutter, as otherwise the bulb may trap water between your luggage rack and your roof.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT