Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:20:21 -0400
From:         David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: tires (no no, not starting a thread on which ones!)
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <jhecht@alum.mit.edu>

Oh yeah, but reading Larry's tire reviews on his roadhaus site, there are mixed reviews for Vancos in snow...

Short answer, maybe buy 2 new tires now...buy 2 new ones to match in a couple months...

Dave

On 9/26/06, David Bohannan <fjazzbass@gmail.com> wrote: > > I've only really heard of snow tires really mattering that much... > > That said, I might want to have the same tires all the way around if I > were going to be driving in those kind of conditions anyway... > > You might want to buy 4 new tires and keep your 2 old good ones for > spare...maybe sell/give one to another listmember in your area... > > I am on a new set of Continental Vanco 8's. They were like 35 a piece at > tire rack, then I had King Wally install em for me... > > Dave > > On 9/26/06, Joy Hecht <jhecht@alum.mit.edu> wrote: > > > > Hi all, > > > > The annoying mechanic who flunked Matilda in her inspection has now > > decided > > that I also need two new tires. (Why didn't he make that clear a week > > and a > > half ago, when he first inspected her, and I had two weeks to deal with > > this > > instead of now six days? Jerk!) > > > > Okay, end of rant. I've been driving Hancooks, and they've seemed fine. > > But Ron apparently isn't selling them any more and the annoying mechanic > > said he can't get Hancooks in the DC area. He's Korean, too, presumably > > he > > knows. > > > > So, my question is - do I have to have the same tires throughout the > > vehicle, or is it okay to have different ones (same size, of course)? > > > > > > > > Joy > > > > > > **************************************************************** > > Joy Hecht > > now living in a real house in northern Virginia > > and Matilda, 1989 Burgundy Vanagon > > now living in the driveway and resting after two and a half years > > lugging Joy and her stuff around... > > > > For musings about life and the vanadventures: > > http://www.joyhecht.net > > > > **************************************************************** > > > > > > -- > Dave - KC9FYM > http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com

-- Dave - KC9FYM http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com