Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:11:27 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: buying vans off ebay

I bought my latest Vanagon off of Ebay; it was listed by a used car dealership in Concordia, KS. They said in the description that they had it for sale on their lot as well as on Ebay, so they would end the auction early if they found a local buyer.

I called them and offered them cash for it, and they ended the auction early. I gave them a $1000 deposit, and they brought it to Denver on a trailer.

The deal was that if I didn't like it, they kept $300 for their travel expenses and refunded me $700. It pulled up to my house, we got it off the trailer, and I test drove it. After the test drive, I couldn't give them that check for $2500 fast enough....

So, $3500 for a one-owner Wolfsburg Westy, and the only thing I had to risk was $300. I'd call it a successful off-Ebay transaction.

I do know a guy here in town who bought an '86 GL off of Ebay from somebody in Minneapolis; they had spray-painted gold paint over all of the extensive rust that had destroyed the van. It looked beautiful in the pictures, but in person it was a total loss, and this guy didn't have a leg to stand on. I guess you never know.

Joe T.

_________________________________________________________________ Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features