Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:37:36 -0400
From:         Thomas Myers <thomas.myers@XEROX.COM>
Subject:      Invitation & Camping info to Westies at Watkins 2006 - Sept. 29,
              30 - Oct. 1

Hey Folks,

If you have not already seen this information about upcoming Westies @ Watkins 2006 - please see below.

This a great fall camping event here in upstate New York and Sunday we get to take our vans on the world famous Watkins Glen Race track for a harrowing ride of sharp chicanes and curves!

All at 45mph +++ [!!!] woo! woo!

Provided I get track down my temp sensor/ignition/coil gremlins -

Eric and I will be there serving up Hot Chocolate in

Standard, Baileys and Kahlua high octanes.

Thanks to Joel Cort for organizing this!

See you on the race track-

Tom Myers 90 Westy Rochester NY http://motsvan.blogspot.com

From Joel.........................................................

Hello Everyone, Last ditch effort and opportunity to shamelessly advertise and invite you back for another campout at Watkins Glen, New York on the last weekend of September.

Hey! that is coming up soon.

This will be our 5th year for WESTIES AT WATKINS. If you have not seen last year's info/article check out the website:

http://www.limbobus.org/InvitationW@W2006.htm

CAMPING INFORMATION - NO RESERVATIONS required.

I have changed (and hopefully improved) the campout reservation process/issues to try and keep us all as a group. What I did was to reserve the Camper's Recreation Building at Watkins Glen State Park, which is a covered field house. There is a large field with a baseball diamond next to this pavilion with ample room for all of us. There are limited resources but we are self contained in our campers and there this enclosed pavilion with lights and electricity, bathrooms and picnic tables. Warm showers are also available at the neighboring Tuscarora loop. More important on cool nights - a campfire to tell volks tales.

The beauty here is that you do not need to make any reservations with the State Park or some website. No long term planning or reservations required. SO just drive up to the ranger shack and tell them that you are with the VW group. they will have a special rate. I think they told me around $20 per night but it may change depending on the number of vans that show up. It may be less not more.

I just checked with the Park and early arrivals on Thursday will be OK in this area too.

The events on Sunday are changed a bit also. We drive up to the gate at the racetrack and register there and pay $15 there for 3 or so laps on the track. No meal commitments or requirements.

Pet Owner information: DO NOT leave dogs unattended anywhere in the park. No dogs allowed on Gorge Trail. Pet owners must show current rabies certificate. ( for their pets )

If you need any further info or this is not clear, please let me know. Contact me for additional details on this event.

Home jcort@rochester.rr.com

See you there and plan for good weather....

------ End of Forwarded Message