Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:39:38 -0600
From:         bueses <bueses@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Upholstery Questions
Comments: To: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>

on 9/27/06 1:49 PM, Jake de Villiers at crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM wrote:

> You'll just have to wait til the kids are grown up Joe. > > It doesn't take as long as you think. My kids are 24 and 19 already! > :-) > > On 9/27/06, joe trussell <vanagongl@hotmail.com> wrote: >> >> Man. That looks amazing. >> >> From my current station in life, I'm dealing with breast milk/baby formula >> and juice box spit-up on seats and crushed-up cheerios and Cheddar >> Goldfish >> in the creases and on the floor. >> >> I think I would die a little bit inside if anything ever spilled on that >> interior. >> Which reminds me of a good way to remove melted Crayola crayons from the upholstery of your vanagon after the kids left them on the seat in the sun!

Annnnd the answer is: Take a heated clothes iron, a scrap towel, & place over melted crayon until crayon is remelted & absorbed into towel until all of crayon is on towel & not on upholstery.

This does not work well w/ poopy diapers, however.

Pax,

Tom B-never loose sleep over keeping the upholstery clean w/ kids-just plan on reupholstering or dumping the vehicle when it is completely trashed.