Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:13:58 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 and 2.1 Parts Interchangability

I have a method to deal with the larger Throttle Body Opening in my how-to on my page (at least it's worked for me since 1997)..

Since Jeff is gonna use the 2.1 Plenum and Runners like I did, he shouldn't have a problem. -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com ********************************** On 9/27/06, ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net> wrote: > > the 2.1 air center section has 2MM larger runners and 5MM larger throttle > body opening > the 1.9 boots will fit > The 1985 air center section has the off set to match the 2.1 and does > bolt > up with no issues > have you realy bent the holders to work ? > > Bob > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Benny boy" <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:32 PM > Subject: Re: 1.9 and 2.1 Parts Interchangability > > > > The 1.9 Air plenium fit... kind of, you need to bent the small tab at > each > > end... you don't want to use a 2.1L intake!!!! not the same diameter at > > all! > > > > Ben > > http://www.benplace.com/