Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:46:30 -0400
From:         benoit <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 and 2.1 Parts Interchangability
Comments: To: ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@verizon.net>

2mm... i was sure they were 5mm... bah, you guys must be right... i should know better, i have done 6 of them this summer, except for one crasy customer who went Digifan... i remember using the 1.9L Air plenium on all the others...

Yes Bob, the front one is a bit more tricky but with proper "Bending" it fits ok...

I like the 2.1L, AMC heads and Digijet combination.... run's smooth and i find the engine is more... "Crisp"

Yea Bob, when customer have money, they have German valves kit ( i have my own private machinist) .... but they don't care because most of the time, the van will be sold way before the AMC valves stretch.

I'm running slightly modified 2.0L AC AMC heads (ridge was remove for correct deck high, i used rings instead, intake polish) on my 79 right now, i'm also running those dual Kadron-Brosal 40mm http://www.benplace.com/kadron.htm

... i'm watching them closely, i have about 9k miles on it, the engine is going out in a month or so... some small "knocking" between 1300 and 1400rpm... upper core, front, it just started about a month ago... the funny thing is i never had any comeback from any of my cutomers from all the engine work i did.... end now, on my own van?????

Sound like a rod big end to me, not sure... well, no, it sound like a lifter noise but i have NO noise near the lifter (i have that expensive electronic 6 mics"listening device"....)... that sound as been there for a month... steady, no more, no less, only on deceleration between 1300rpm and 1000rpm???? and only at the center top of the engine... compression is fine, oil pressure is fine, power is amazing??? i still wonder... but for sure, it's NO deep knocking like i'm use to hear???

By the way, do you have a 2.0L crank, cam and rods on hand... i have many good casings (checked) Or a good complete "Short Block"? i can send you a case... 2.0L crank and rods are hard to find up here.

Cheers, Ben