Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:18:05 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FS: moon/sunroof for European T3/Vanagon $250/bo
Comments: To: Syncro <syncro@yahoogroups.com>, syncrodoublecabs@yahoogroups.com

Hello Again,

I've taken PICS of the sunroof and discovered that it is NOT a Webasto but a FARMONT. It was misidentified on the German Ebay auction.

Anyway, the sunroof has a quick release multi-stage handle with fail-safe glass hinge assembly, standard Dot Matrix performance glass panel and aluminum frame construction. Apparently, a certain Dr. Farmont who was the founder of this company invented and manufactured the first sunroof composite frame. The company, Farmont GmbH, was based out of Dusseldorf, Gemarny but has been acquired by Inalfa Industries from the Netherlands. The good news is Inalfa has parts suppliers in the US which carries parts for the Farmont should you happen to break the glass or need latch parts.

The sunroof I am selling is USED not new. It is intended for installation on a metal roof. The roof glass measures about 14.25" X 30.5". Outer frame size is about 15.75" x 31.75". There is slight curve to the roof which allows it to confirm with the regular Vanagon roof. Someone asked if it will fit Westy fiberglass top. Frankly, I am not sure at this time as I do not have a Westy top to try it out on.

I will be BCC-ing this email to everyone who inquired along with a separate response to your specific questions. I've posted some temporary pics (sorry did not have to wash or clean the sunroof) at the following links:

http://b.im.craigslist.org/gn/Ad/FpV0GBP2vbfvHNI4JkVs98Ho4zWS.jpg

http://b.im.craigslist.org/vW/Co/JtnaTqgm0BAu7MjixWGScth86OKC.jpg

http://a.im.craigslist.org/aV/OJ/VYUPAdBVx6Vi4KQbFL8QJyAb4BMN.jpg

http://a.im.craigslist.org/v3/NF/uAEisNMyXxGEeJCYxXEz1IjNSpVD.jpg

Thanks for you interest.

BenT

original posting below:

On 9/27/06, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello Folks, > > I am in the process of clearing out my parts stash. I bought this moonroof > off German Ebay last year. My plans have since changed and I decided I do > not want a sunroof in my doublecab. Please pmail me if you want pics. I > should have them ready by later tonight. I think the brand name is Webasto > but I am not sure about that. I will find that out also by tonight. I > believe this to be an aftermarket roof as opposed to the one which came > installed from the factory. It's going on Ebay on Saturday if there are no > takers. > > Cheers, > > BenT >