Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:06:30 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Vickers <jeff@VICKERSDESIGN.COM>
Subject:      bURNINGvaN!

What is burNINGVaN?

Our mission is to produce the annual event known as "Burning Van" and to guide, nurture and protect the more permanent community created by its culture. Our intention is to generate society that connects each individual to his or her creative powers, to participation in community, to the larger realm of civic life, and to the even greater world of nature that exists beyond society. We believe that the experience of Burning Van can produce positive spiritual change in the world. To this end, it is equally important that we communicate with one another, with the citizens of Sin City (SF) and with the community of Burning Van wherever it may arise. Burning Van is radically inclusive, and its meaning is potentially accessible to anyone. The touchstone of value in our culture will always be immediacy: experience before theory, moral relationships before politics, survival before services, roles before jobs, embodied ritual before symbolism, work before vested interest, participant support before sponsorship. Finally, in order to accomplish these ends, Burning Van must endure as a self-supporting enterprise that is capable of sustaining the lives of those who dedicate themselves to its work. From this devotion spring those duties that we owe to one another. We will always burn the Van.

Oh...hang on... that's BurningMAN. BurNINGvAN is mostly old guys with nothing better to do on a Saturday night than stand around drinking warm beer on a cold beach and talk about...you guessed it...VANAGONS.

Did I mention my favorite part?: BURNING THE MAGNESIUM ENGINE BLOCK!

Jeff/ 87 Syncro Westy / MARIN