Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:21:02 -0700
From:         Florian Speier <groups.florian@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      cat failure....

soooo, I got the brakes back up and runnning (stopping like a dream), and then we really had to run off fast for our roadtrip. knew i had to still install the new distributor rotor and cap, since it looked like this: http://www.outdoorinsider.blogspot.com/ but since i cleaned it it ran fine, so i decided to wait till campsite tonight to exchange it. we really had to go..... on I580 richmond-san rafael bridge the rotor burst. took me a few seconds to realize, pulled over, bridge staff and cops immediately got me off the bridge and called AAA, I tried swapping the new rotor in on the side of the road but was just too nervous. Home two hours later, obviously took me five minutes and it runs like a champ.

...BUT THERE IS A HUGE RATTLE IN THE CAT.... ...did i kill it from flooding it with unburnt fuel after the rotor broke?

thing is, I am gearing up for subie conversion, which anyway comes with a new cat. I know I am killing trees by the dozens without it, but is anything bad gonna happen if i let it rattle for a couple hundred miore miles? or shall i get a straight piece welded in?

thanxxx

flo